When it comes to the mobile surveillance apps, gDMSS Lite and iDMSS Lite (both from DAHUA) are the apps which will surely grab your attention. If you are using Android device, gDMSS App will be there to help you connect your phone with the external devices like remote camera and on the other hand, you can make use of iDMSS app to fulfill the same requirement if you are having an iOS device like iPhone and iPad. Once connected successfully, you can easily control the paired device directly from your mobile phone through the app.
The apps gDMSS and iDMSS App both come with the features listed below:
- The apps support view and come with a capability to control the live video streams from the video encoders and cameras.
- Real-time live and playbacks are also supported.
- Can also capture the pictures of surveillance footage.
- Offer a task wheel which is meant for being used for changing the favorites group.
- They also support the Video IP intercom system (by Dahua).
- Finger Gesture, Push Alarm, Windows Slide, all are supported.
- Also, support the P2P solution: Easy4IP.
- Facilitate the 265/H.264/MPEG-4/JPEG decoding feature also.
- User Interface and the design they offer is quite impressive and user-friendly.
- Can remotely control camera, door camera and alarm also.
- The feature of scanning the QR code using the phone’s camera is also available.
- The process of adding the device with both of the apps is very simple and easy to execute.
- Moreover, both of the apps support multiple languages like English, French, Spanish, Polish, Dutch, Japanese, Russian, Korean, Chinese, etc.
gDMSS Lite – Download App On Your Android, iOS & PC Device
Install App On Your Android Phones/Tablets
You can follow the steps given below in order to successfully install the gDMSS App on your Android phone:
- First, go to the “Google Play Store” available on your Android phone.
- Once you are in your Play Store, search for “gDMSS Lite” to find the required app.
- After you find it, tap on it to open its installation page.
- Now tap on the “Install” button and it will start the installation process.
- Once the installation completes, you can start using it.
Install gDMSS App On Your PC Windows & Mac
As you very well know that gDMSS App is an Android application and can be installed and used on Android devices only, hence it is not possible to directly install and use it on your PC.
But you can make it possible with the use of BlueStacks (most popular Android app emulator). Follow the steps given below in order to be able to successfully install gDMSS App on your PC Windows or Mac:
- First, install the “BlueStacks” application/software on your computer.
- Once installed successfully, open the application.
- The app will take you through an initial setup procedure. Complete it first.
- Then type “gDMSS Lite” in the search bar provided in the home screen of the BlueStacks app to find it or you can directly go to the play store to find and install the gDMSS app if the former method doesn’t work.
- Once you find the app, click on it to make it show the “Install” button.
- Click on the “Install” button which will start the downloading and installation process.
- Once you have completed the installation process, you can start using the app on your Windows or Mac.
Install iDMSS Lite App On Your iOS Gadgets
As mentioned earlier also, if you want a mobile surveillance app which can be installed and used in iOS gadgets like iPhone, iPad etc, you have the iDMSS Lite to surely go with.
In order to be able to successfully install and start using the app in your iOS gadget, you can follow the simple steps given below:
- First, go to the “App Store” available on your phone.
- Search for “iDMSS Lite” App.
- From the results displayed, select the iDMSS Lite.
- Now “Install” the app.
- Once the app is installed successfully, you can locate its icon on the home screen of the device and start using it finally.
How To Use gDMSS/iDMSS Lite?
The process of using both apps are almost similar to each other. If you somehow manage to learn to use one of them, you will not have a hard time to use the other also. Hence, in order to make you familiar with the process to use these apps, I have taken the gDMSS app as an instance.
Once you have finished installing the security camera system at your home and also successfully installed the gDMSS app on your Android phone, you can use the app by following the steps mentioned below:
- First, you have to launch the gDMSS App installed on your Android phone.
- On the home screen of the App, there are some options (like Camera, Door, Alarm, etc.) listed or displayed vertically. Tap on the “Camera” option.
- Now tap on the “Menu” button given at the top left corner.
- Once you have the menu opened in front of you, select the “Device Manager” from the menu.
- Tap on the plus (+) sign given at the top right corner in order to add your device.
- Now you have to select the “Wired Device” from the available options.
- Enter the name of the device in the provided field.
- Tap on the “SN” option. Once you tap on it, it will open up the QR code scanner to scan the QR code of the device. Scan the code.
- Further, enter the other details like username, password in the provided corresponding fields.
- At last, you need to click on the “Start Live Preview” button. And that’s it. The application will save your added device automatically.
Note: The gDMSS app works on the phones with the Android versions of 4.0.3 or above.
People with the concern in their mind about the security of their homes will not deny the advantage of keeping an eye on it remotely using the apps like gDMSS Lite or iDMSS Lite paired with the installed security cameras. Both of the surveillance apps are quite helpful in monitoring and controlling the house from anywhere in the world.