iDMSS Plus is an app for tablets and mobile phones that enables you to manage different security devices. It’s the official app of Dahua, a CCTV manufacturer, and it’s also compatible with some products. Although others want to use iDMSS App on PC, it doesn’t exist but you can install the app through using an Android emulator.
iDMSS vs gDMSS
Both of these are mobile phone surveillance apps for Dahua. The only difference is that iDMSS is for iOS devices and gDMSS is for Android devices.
The key features of gDMSS and iDMSS are the following:
- It supports Video IP intercom system of Dahua
- Support Easy4IP, which is the P2P solution of Dahua
- Support JPEG, MPEG-4, H.264, and H.265 decoding
- Task Wheel feature for users to change the Favorites Group
- Also, support Video Playback, Push Alarm, Finger Gesture, Task wheel, Windows Slide, and more.
- Control and view live video streams from video encoders and cameras
- Support real-time playback or live.
If you’ve installed Dahua CCTV camera, IP Camera system, NVR or XVR and you want to know how to use iDMSS app for iOS, you have to follow some steps.
Both apps iDMSS Plus as well as Lite versions are free to download. The differences between the Plus and Lite versions include Push notifications, E-Map, and alarm management.
iDMSS Plus – How To Setup for iOS (iPhone & iPad)?
- The first thing you should do in order to use iDMSS App is to go to the App Store.
- Download the app.
- Once you have downloaded the app, open it.
- You’ll see the step that’s asking you to choose your area or country. Make sure to select the country where you reside. The purpose is to help you with the P2P connection of the Easy4IP of Dahua. The area or country you choose may be changed later, so there is nothing you should worry about moving to another country in the future.
- Choose the top left corner to enable different menu choices.
- To use the app, you have to add the device you are using.
- You have options to add any Dahua device to the app. It can be through IP/Domain or Scan option. Select the option that’s suitable for your installation and follow the instructions.
- Once you have added the device, enter the password, device name, and username.
If you’ve bought Dahua HDCVI Camera, NVR, XVR, and IP Camera and you are not sure about what you should do, contact the support. After you are done with the required information save it and start watching live footage.
iDMSS Plus enables you to control and watch Dahua cameras even you are on-the-go. You may enjoy the robustness and user-friendliness that Dahua offers. Just see to it that you follow the steps carefully and properly. This will help you avoid any problems and provide you a smooth experience.