Dahua launched gDMSS Lite for PC Windows and Mac and now you can enjoy the services of the app right on your device. The application allows you to receive surveillance videos from the IP camera to your device.
The app brings your home security into your fingertips and you can control the security cameras installed in your home from any place and any time you wish. Even on the PC and Mac, the app is user-friendly and you can even take snapshots of the surveillance video and record video of the feed from the cameras. But for the application to work, you need access to the internet.
Since the app is mobile-based, to install it on your computer and Mac, you will need to use another route to be able to use the application. Thankfully, there are many Android emulators you can download into your Windows or Mac, and then download the gDMSS Lite App. These emulators include Bluestacks and Koplayer.
How To Install gDMSS Lite for PC Windows & Mac?
So to install the gDMSS App to your Windows or Mac, follow the steps below:
- Visit the Bluestacks official website and select PC or Mac to download the correct version for your computer. The software is free.
- After Bluestacks is downloaded and installed, create an account by filling in the form using your Gmail ID or sign in with Google account.
- Find the Google Play Store on the home screen of BlueStacks emulator and then tap on it to “Open“.
- Locate the search bar and type “gDMSS Lite” and after the search is complete, click “Install“.
- After the app is installed, you can always find it in the home section of Bluestacks.
N/B: If Bluestacks fails to load, consider installing the Microsoft .net Framework tool in your PC.
If you are not a fan of Bluestacks, you can use Koplayer or Nox app player.
How To Setup?
After downloading the app to your Windows or Mac using a third-party Android or iOS emulator, open the app. Now follow the steps below to start using it.
- Select your country of residence under the “Country or Area“. You can always change it later.
- Locate the “Menu” icon on the left upper corner of the app to expand the options.
- Click on the “Device Manager” and then tap on the ‘+‘ button to add the Dahua IP Camera to your gDMSS app.
- Select “Camera” to add the CCTV camera to the app.
- After this, you will have several options to choose the type of device, either ‘Wi-Fi‘ or ‘Wired Device‘.
- At this point, you have two options to add the Dahua Cameras to the gDMSS Lite on Windows or Mac, P2P or IP/Domain. Choose whichever suits you. Remember you can always contact the Dahua Customer service if you have any questions.
- If you have selected P2P option, activate the barcode scanner camera by tapping on the barcode icon.
- Next, scan the barcode using the Dahua camera to add it. Signup by creating your username and the name of your device.
Hope you are done with the installation of gDMSS Lite for PC Windows and Mac with above guidelines. From today onwards, always have an eye with the help of remote surveillance app.